miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2009

My grandfather's story


I was playing in my grandmother’s house when I saw something extremely rare. There was a brown box that looked old and shabby. I don’t know why but it caught my attention. My grandmother used to say that I shouldn’t touch or even watch the things of his dead husband, but I opened the box. There was a credit card, three photographs and a notebook in it. Everything seemed old, especially the notebook. While I was looking at his belongings, she entered the room and asked me to listen to a story about my grandfather.

She told me that my grandfather used to meet his primary school friends in an old restaurant. She remembered that one day her husband arrived there and was alone with his worst school enemy Robin. He felt surprised and he realized that Robin felt uncomfortable too but they talked for a while until he received a phone call and a few minutes later the other friends arrived. My grandfather told her that they looked very strange, like possessed, but that he felt so happy they had arrived that he didn’t pay attention to that at that moment.

She told me they all ordered some drinks but that her husband realized that something weird was happening when he noticed that his friends were acting like robots, doing the same things at the same time. At that moment her husband felt scared and realized that Robin had disappeared.

She added that even though he tried to talk to his friends, they seemed to be in another world and didn’t pay attention to him. She finally said that when my grandfather was leaving the table, he felt a cold hand catching him and dashed out. When he arrived home he was pale and breathless. He was so frightened that he decided to cut that relationship.

That was the last time he ever saw them.

1 comentario:

  1. Great job! Just correct:"...extremely strange." "... look through her dead husband's things..." "... cut himself off from those people."

    ResponderEliminar