viernes, 15 de mayo de 2009


The phone call

It was a normal Sunday; it was a raining day, so we decided to stay at home.
We lived in the suburbs, in Palermo. My family was composed by my wife Judith, our two children, Diana and Mathew and me, David. We were all sitting in the sofa seeing our favourite program on TV, ‘TVR’, when the phone rang. I answered because I was waiting a call of a friend. However, the person on the phone was not my friend, it was a strange voice which said “I know who you are, and where you live”, and then he hanged up. Then my wife asked me who had been on the phone and I replied that was a mistaken call. I have felt very nervous since that moment. The next day, when I was about getting into my car in order to go home, after a long working day, two big men came to me and one said ‘Come with us, Mr. Johnson’. I agreed. They took me to a shabby and filthy place in a deserted street.
They took me with their boss who said me that if I didn’t give him the money that I owed, he was going to kill one of my children. I replied ‘everything, but not that’. I asked him if he could give me one more week to get the money and he said determined ’You have 24 hours more or the consequences’. The next morning, when I was at the kitchen, having my breakfast, I realised that Diana was not at home. I got very worried, and I decided to call the man who I owed the money and ask him if he had done something to my daughter. He answered ‘The time is over’.
‘What are you going to do with her?’- I asked desperate.
‘Nothing so bad’, ten he hanged up.
I decided to call the police asking for help. They offered help, they tried their best but after a month of searching and searching they resigned, and me too.
That Monday, when everything seemed to be happiness, the worst happened.
That day was the last time I ever saw my beautiful Diana.

1 comentario:

  1. Great job!! Just correct:"...was a rainy day..." "There were... David in my family.""... watching our..." "...a friend's call." "...hung up." "... I had... felt so..." "...about to get ..." "...boss, who said to me...owed him..." "...determinedly...consequences will be terrible.""...desperately.""...that bad’; then he hung up." "... and ask for..."

    ResponderEliminar