martes, 12 de mayo de 2009

THE WAY YOU LEFT ME


First of all I want to introduce myself as Claire Burke
Now I’m 62 and I live in my sister’s house. But a long time ago I had a very different kind of life. That was since everything changed in March 4th 1917.
Before that date things were going so well. I’ had just got married with an incredible man named George Dawson. He was a respectable doctor in town and he made me the happiest woman in hearth. We lived in Gazley, a little town in Oregon.
Was running 1917, at that time the world was burning, the First World War had already started and we didn’t seem to be barely affected by what was happening in Europe.
One night my husband came home, I perceived something strange in his face. I asked him what was going on but he refused to answer. I ignored it.
While we were having dinner I noticed that George wasn’t relaxed so I asked him what the trouble was. For the first time I was deeply sure that he was sincere. He told me he had received a citation from the army. My heart stopped beating. And when I
Got my breath back I realized that what had been said about the participation of the United States in the war was now confirmed.
Days between that traumatic night and the departure day were so hard for both of us.
On April 10th with my heart broken and with tears falling on my cheeks I was waiting with him for the train that will separate us forever.
He kissed me and boarded the train. That was the last time I ever saw him.



Time passed by and one evening the army communicated me that he had dyed in action, defending his country.

1 comentario:

  1. Great Job!!! Just correct: "That was when...on March 4th,..." "...date,...very well." "I had...married to ..." "...on Earth." " In 1917 the world was going through a difficult time...started but we...seem to be affected..." "...I saw/could feel/see something..." "...what the problem..."...a letter from..." "...was now being confirmed." " The days...were extremely hard..." "...would separate us..." "...died.."

    ResponderEliminar